I was having a great deal of trouble installing printer drivers in Vista for the Xerox Phaser 6100.
Online, Xerox say that the XP drivers wok fine in Vista, so use them until the new drivers come out. I’ve spent two hours trying the get the badger to work.
And what was it in the end? Stupid driver defaults!
- Right-click on the printer
- Click run as administrator
- Click properties
- Clear any UAC prompts
- Click on the Advanced tab
- Click ‘Printing Defaults…’
- Click Graphics
- Click ‘Adjust Color’
- Click ‘reset’
- Keep pressing OK until the windows are cleared
Now send a print job! That’s it. Really!